Thursday, April 18, 2013

Spicy Oven Roasted Broccoli | Indian Broccoli Recipes

Broccoli is one of my favorite vegetables. In my point it is very versatile where I can have it simply steamed with a dash of salt and pepper or make it protein rich like in a usili or soup. But mostly I spice it up a little, but make sure I don't lose the original taste of it. This is a simple and one of my favorite ways of eating broccoli.
Ingredients:
Broccoli Crowns - 2
Garam Masala - 1 tsp
Chilli powder - 1/2 tsp - 1 tsp (per taste buds)
Garlic powder - 1 tsp or Asafoetida - 1/2 tsp
Olive Oil - 2 tbsp
Salt - to taste
Method:
Preheat the oven to 400 F. Line a cookie pan with foil or parchment paper and coat with some oil. Cut the broccoli into little florets and wash them. Drain well in a colander. Sprinkle the garam masala, chilli powder, garlic powder and salt. Toss to coat the spices well. Now add the oil and mix well. Spread as a single layer on the foil lined pan. Pop into the oven for 20-25 minutes turning over the florets once in between. Serve hot as a appetizer or side. A cool raitha would be a great dip for these goodies.
Linking these up to Priya's Healthy Me & Us; Vardhini's Bake Fest #18; Srivalli's Kid's Delight.

19 comments:

  1. I always love the broccilli in roasted form...great for wraps too

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the crispy broccoli,delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks Crispyy and Great for snacking....

    -Mythreyi
    Yum! Yum! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What aspicy way of having Broccoli !! not a big fan of it, but can have it this way.. Good one Krithi ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it and what a great click :)

    Please do send it to my "Healthy Me & Healthy Us" event (read the rules).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Healthy and tasty looking broccoli. It's my favourite vegetable as well.
    Deepa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Healthy and a tempting spread Krithi, always lov the oven version, less work, less oil, but great taste..

    ReplyDelete
  8. i always like healthy version.. well made dear..

    ReplyDelete
  9. healthy n delicious....wonderful clicks

    ReplyDelete
  10. Real crispy ones Krithi..It's my fav veggie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Would make an awesome snack for kids. I will make it for my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Delicious and yummy snack. Stunning pics.

    today's post:
    http://sanolisrecipies.blogspot.in/2013/04/rice-fritters-pakoras.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thats a beautiful and definitely a guilt free snack,i love over roasted broccolis very much.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yummy ... I love broccoli but have never spiced it up. I'm quite eager to try it out!

    I'm hosting a giveaway on my blog and would love for you to be a part of it -
    http://www.myhobbielobbie.com/2013/04/a-few-of-my-favorite-things-and-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. love your pictures!!! broccoli is looking soooo delicious and so tempting!! Thanks for linking it to my event!! Looking for more yummy recipes!!
    Sowmya
    Event - WTML w giveaway

    ReplyDelete

Do leave your valuable comments here!
I appreciate any critical comment which helps improve my posts, although inappropriate and rude comments will not be published.