Thursday, January 30, 2014

Pasta Aglio E Olio | Vegan Pasta Recipes

Pasta Aglio E Olio means Pasta with Garlic and Olive Oil in Italian. A simple pasta flavored with garlic and olive oil, it is one of the classic pasta dishes. I added some chopped bell peppers and a little lemon juice to brighten things up, since, you know I love lemony anything. 
I adapted this recipe from a Pasta Cookbook which my friend Denny gave me when we visited her for Christmas. Spaghetti is the best choice for this pasta dish. Since I did not have any spaghetti in hand and wanted to introduce pasta to my 1.5 yr old with a fun shape, I used Campanelle.
Ingredients:
Serves - 3
Pasta - 1 lb box
Bell peppers - sliced thin - 1 cup (I used a combination of green and mini red, orange, yellow peppers)
Garlic cloves - 6 - slivered
Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 6 tbsp
Res Pepper Flakes - 1/2 tsp
Lemon Juice - 2 tbsp
Parsley / Cilantro - 3 tbsp
Salt - to taste
Method:
Cook pasta according to package instructions. Reserve 1 cup of the pasta boiled water. Drain and set aside covered. Heat 4 tbsp of oil in a wide non-stick pan and add sliced peppers and saute for 2 minutes. Add the slivered garlic cloves and saute another 2 minutes. Throw in the red pepper flakes and toss for a couple of seconds. Add the pasta water and lemon juice with salt and simmer for 2 minutes. Add the pasta, parsley and toss. Add the remaining olive oil. Serve warm.
Linking this up for Priya's Vegan Thursdays.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely pics of the pasta with garlic. Must have tasted amazing as well.
    Deepa

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy, mouthwatering pasta. Love it

    On-going event: South Indian cooking

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a Beautiful looking dish must taste yummy:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my all time fav pasta, looks delicious....

    ReplyDelete

Do leave your valuable comments here!
I appreciate any critical comment which helps improve my posts, although inappropriate and rude comments will not be published.